Friday, July 23, 2010

Recipe #16: Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last night I had that killer craving for chocolate that couldn't be denied. Now, I could have gone down the street and picked up some M&M's or something, but that wouldn't have been as much fun. So instead I scanned the internet for recipes, but alas, my kitchen is lacking in ingredients at the moment. I then scanned my chocolate cookbook (yes, I have a chocolate cookbook), and was still left with nothing quite right. Rummaging in my baking cupboard, I found chocolate chips and the recipe for their usual chocolate chip cookies on the back. Finally, inspiration had struck! I changed the recipe around, halved it, and came out with these chewy, chocolate cookies. These would probably great if you added some nuts (1/3 cup)!

Ingredients

*1/2 cup butter, melted
*1/2 cup brown cup
*1/4 cup white sugar
*1 egg
*1 teaspoon vanilla
*1 teaspoon milk
*1 cup flour
*1/2 tsp baking soda
*1/4 cup cocoa powder
*1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 F.

2. Blend butter, brown and white sugar together. Cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes.

4. Beat in egg, vanilla and milk until smooth.

5. Combine the flour. baking soda and cocoa powder, and gradually blend it into the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips (and optional nuts).

6. Drop dough by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Makes 16 cookies.

1 comment:

Author said...

I love chocolate recipes...