Monday, July 12, 2010

Recipe #12: Banana Sour Cream Cupcakes

After a ridiculously long delay, I'm back. I was finishing up my last semester of University, and it was a doozy. But now I'm in job hunting, baking and crafting mode, so new stuff is coming.

I got this great cupcake book at Christmas, and in May I decided that I had to try a bunch of the recipes.

These cupcakes are one of the best recipes I have ever tried. They are amazing. Moist and almost creamy in their decadence. Beware, these are addictive!

Ingredients

Batter:
*4/5 cup butter, softened (or 185 grams)
*1 cup superfine sugar (I used regular)
*3 eggs
*2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
*1/2 teaspoon baking soda
*3/4 cup sour cream (I used half sour cream, half milk)
*2 tablespoons maple syrup
*3 very ripe bananas, mashed

Icing:
*2 3/4 oz light cream cheese, softened
*1/5 cup butter, softened (or 50 grams)
*1 1/2 tablespoons honey (I used corn syrup)
*2 cups icing sugar

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 35o degrees F. Line 24 standard muffin holes with paper cases.

2. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl using electric beaters for 5-6 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

3. Sift the flour and baking soda together. Add the sour cream and maple syrup to the mashed banana and mix well. Fold the flour mixture alternately with the banana mixture in the butter mixture until well combined.

4. Divide the mixture evenly among the cases. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack to cool.

5. To make icing, place the cream cheese and butter in a small bowl and beat until smooth. Add the honey/corn syrup and icing sugar and beat until smooth and well combined. Decorate each cake generously with icing.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Hi Emily,

My name is Richard and I'm the founder of: http://www.maplesyrupworld.com/. We would be interested in featuring your Banana Sour Cream Cupcakes recipe on our site.

Give us a shout!

Richard