Monday, November 09, 2009

Recipe #6: Ridiculous Brownies




These brownies are called "best brownies" on the website I found them, but really they're just ridiculous... ridiculously good! These are NOT healthy at all, but easy and sososososo good! I didn't make the icing because honestly, you don't need it. Annnnd I made a double recipe because I had one of those huge glass brownie dishes. They were moist and addictive. And now I am hungry and want to bake them again!

Ingredients
*1/2 cup butter
*1 cup white sugar
*2 eggs
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
*1/2 cup all-purpose flour
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.


2. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.


3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.

See? Easy!!

2 comments:

Jude said...

Wahahaha, the amount of sugar to everything else ratio is making my fat gut quiver. Because it is big and giggly? No, quiver because my mouth is all "put it in me" while my fat gut is like "please, no more".

Anyhow. I keep coming back here to look at the picture of your Current Muffins, because they are effing beautiful, Emme.

Emily J said...

Lol, thank you! And the brownies! Dear GAHD, they are good, but also not good for the giggly parts of me... I put less sugar in though, if it makes you feel any better!