Thursday, September 02, 2010

Recipe #19: Raspberry & Blackberry muffins

These lovely muffins have been my breakfast all week. I have really enjoyed them, although I would imagine them to be even better warmed up with some melted butter on them. Mmm...

I made these relatively healthy, with whole wheat flour, and only 3 tablespoons sugar. They get their sweetness from the berries inside. Unfortunately, I think the whole wheat flour dried them out a little, so I think I might do all purpose, or a half and half mix next time. And maybe another teaspoons of baking powder for a little more air.

Oh, but small victory! This was the first time I made muffins without paper liners, and it was a great success. I was quite pleased.

Ingredients

*1 large egg, beaten
*1 cup milk
*1/2 cup butter, melted
*2 1/2 cups of flour
*6 tablespoons sugar
*2 teaspoons of baking powder
*1 cup raspberries
*12 large blackberries

Directions

1. Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl mix together the beaten egg, milk and melted butter. Gradually add this liquid mixture to the dry mix. Add raspberries to the mixture.

2. Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins. Place one blackberry on top of each muffin.

3. Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.

No comments: